Monday, March 21, 2011

Humiliation

This blog title is deceiving.



I am not disclosing a humiliating situation or talking about humiliation in a specific sense, but in a broad ACTOR's sense of the word.

Tonight was class #1 of my four-week-long Acting Essentials Class at Mad Cow Theatre in Orlando, FL. (I told you, I'm quite serious about doing what I've always wanted to do.)

This acting essentials class is very exciting for me. I've had formal training before, but for whatever reason, this experience, even after one night, feels different.

Tonight's lesson was about 'Humiliation.' The ultimate need for an actor to lay it all to bare.

Even in our everyday lives, we tend to live very much in our own heads. Our fears, shortcomings, failures, etc all tangle in our minds and make us our own worst enemy.

If nothing else, I'm excited to be able to know when I'm trying to sabotage my own efforts. Not only on stage, but in life as well.

I'm excited to take this journey and see where it leads four weeks from now. Hope you'll stick around to hear about it.

Xo
Jen


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. i shall stick around poodle. like chewed up gum on yo shoe. you just can rub that junk off. lol...muah

    ReplyDelete